Japanese Society of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery Personal Information Handling Policy
To ensure the proper collection, usage, and management of personal information, the Japanese Society of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery (“The Society”) sets forth the following policy.
1. Definition of Personal Information
“Personal information” means information that can be used to identify specific individuals obtained by The Society via means such as The Society’s official website, email, post, or fax.
2. Collection of personal information
To provide service in line with its activities and mission, The Society collects personal information within the scope necessary to its operations. When collecting personal information, The Society will specify the purpose of its use.
3. Use of personal information
The Society’s use of the personal information it collects is limited to the implementation of its operations and contribution to membership services. However, The Society may use personal information for other additional purposes or disclose it to a third party under the following circumstances.
- Pursuant to the provisions of laws and regulations.
- When permission is granted by the provider of the information.
- When disclosed to a third-party contractor with whom an agreement is entered into regarding the handling of personal information as may be necessary to the operations of The Society.
- Other cases for which the Board of Directors deems there to be legitimate reasons.
- When disclosing information for statistical purposes that cannot be used to identify individuals.
4. Management of personal information by The Society
The Society will take appropriate and reasonable measures to prevent personal information from being lost, destroyed, altered, divulged, or accessed by unauthorized persons (this does not apply to personal information disclosed by the individual of his/her own volition or personal information that has already been made public).
5. Confirmation and revision of personal information
When a provider of personal information requests disclosure, confirmation, or correction of his/her own personal information, The Society shall, in principle, comply without delay.
6. Changes to the policy on the handling of personal information
Any changes to this policy will require the approval of the Board of Directors.
The Society (JSHBPS) is conforming GDPR, currently GDPR policy is preparing. You can refer for our private policy here. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) adopted by EU member countries fortifies data privacy rights, given individuals control over when and how personal information is gathered and used. GDPR mandates go into effect May 25, 2018.